Camp Seaport is a 5-day youth camp hosted by the Port of Port Arthur at the International Seafarers’ Center. Camp SeaPort was established over a decade ago as a way students learn about the maritime industry plus various career and educational opportunities. This was a collaboration among many to provide this FREE camp to select students who live in the Port Arthur Area.
- Discover marine vessels, stem to stern from the bridge to the engine room
- Meet career professionals explaining education and career opportunities
- Visit with the US Coast Guard, tour their facilities & visit the Port of Port Arthur and Beaumont
- Analyze coastal resiliency and conservation while learning about the environment from the Texas General Land Office
- Acquire basic seafarer skills: map reading, navigation and nautical knot tying
- Explore our waterways and vast natural resources aboard the Ivory Bill vessel
- Learn the importance of ports to the local, state, national and global economy
Over the years the camp has hosted Q&A sessions with key industry professionals, such as engineers, accountants, attorneys, pilots, stevedores, longshore personnel, Coast Guard, military, law enforcement, emergency responders, port professionals, elected officials and more.
Camp Seaport Online Application
Educational programs of Camp SeaPort, Inc. are open to all people without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, age, or national origin.