Camp Seaport is a 5-day youth camp hosted by the Port of Port Arthur at the International Seafarers’ Center. Camp SeaPort was established over a decade ago as a way students learn about the maritime industry plus various career and educational opportunities. This was a collaboration among many to provide this FREE camp to select students who live in the Port Arthur Area.
- Discover marine vessels, stem to stern from the bridge to the engine room
- Meet career professionals explaining education and career opportunities
- Visit with the US Coast Guard, tour their facilities & visit the Port of Port Arthur and Beaumont
- Analyze coastal resiliency and conservation while learning about the environment from the Texas General Land Office
- Acquire basic seafarer skills: map reading, navigation and nautical knot tying
- Explore our waterways and vast natural resources aboard the Ivory Bill vessel
- Learn the importance of ports to the local, state, national and global economy
Over the years the camp has hosted Q&A sessions with key industry professionals, such as engineers, accountants, attorneys, pilots, stevedores, longshore personnel, Coast Guard, military, law enforcement, emergency responders, port professionals, elected officials and more.